ADD and ADHD - Nutrition & Exercise  

There are many ways in which you as a parent can help your child with ADD & ADHD, some of which include:

Avoid Sugar:

Research has shown that children with ADD & ADHD may not digest sugars properly.  Sugar consumption has been linked to aggressive, restless behaviour.

Identify Allergies:

Try to identify and avoid food allergens and neurotoxins such as artificial sweeteners and food dyes.

Avoid Soft Drinks:

Both sugar-free and sweetened contain phosphates which displaces calcium and magnesium levels, causing exaggerated muscle activity.

Get Plenty of Sunlight:

Seasonal Affective Disorder, SAD, is something misdiagnosed as ADD or ADHD.  Occurring mostly in northern latitudes during the winter months, SAD produces ADD like symptoms.  Consider exposure to full-spectrum lighting if unable to spend time outdoors each day. 

Stay Active:

Help your child to stay active.  Enlist them in sports or simply play active games with them every day.

By:  Dr. Annemie Peche                016-4549302

Reg Clinical Psychologist/Neurotherapist/EEG Technician                     082 3356 133


Home | About Us | Current Issue | Online Directory | Community / Charity | Competitions | Articles | Advertising Information | Testimonials | Contact Us

Website Designed by: Bobs Website Design  |  Email Webmaster
This internet site provides information of a general nature and is not intended to replace consultations and advice from medical and other healthcare  professionals. This site  was designed  simply as a directory of  available services/products/resources to do with children and their families  and its employees does not in any way guarantee, endorse or recommend any of the products/businesses/ services or listings found on this website. and any of its employees cannot be held responsible or liable in any way for any of your dealings with them. The articles are also only for informative and educational purposes and do not in any way intend to replace advice from a medical or other healthcare practitioner.